Thursday, September 14, 2006

Social Studies Prelim

I think I'll just get a borderline pass. Cos i didn't plan my time and they only give us only 90 minutes to complete the SBQ and SEQ. Hey, we need to think and please allocate some time for us to use our brains! Or are we just expected to memorise every single detail without understanding a single statement and just be a scanner to write all the correct answers out. If that's the thing wanted from us, I think there's no need to enhance any creativity or whatsoever. Cos it's pointless! The SBQ is a total controversial topic. Haha.

FOREIGN TALENT

Just see:

1a) Study Source A.
Why do you think the Singaporean professional made this comment? [6]

b) Study Source B and C. (it's sourceS la! To think the setter is still an English teacher)
How are Sources B and C similar? (ah, now they realised) [6]

c) Study Source D.
Does Source D prove that Singaporeans are not in favour of recruiting foreign talent? [6]

d) Study all the sources.
Do the sources show that foreign talent is beneficial to Singapore? [7]

Sigh. There's a common thing in every question and that's: STUDY the sources. No time, how to study?? Let me show you another funny part that contradicts.

.......In answering the questions you should use your knowledge of the topic to help you interpret and evaluate the sources..

No time la! And this is just the beginning.

The question I chose for SEQ which I also think is the easiest:

3) Singapore's Population Policies

a. To what extent is Singapore's population policy from the 1960s to the 1990s determined by economic concerns? Explain your answer. [12]

b. Is an ageing population more a burden than an asset to Singapore? Explain your answer. [13]

Let me tell you a secret, I didn't touch part b at all. And I did only a paragraph for part a. Oh, and did I mention that the sources they wanted us to 'study' are long?

Fyi, nobody in my knowledge completed the paper. All stuck. Except for some who totally give up on prelims.

After the paper's being collected by Mrs Quek, all of us started murmuring. ChinHong had a funny intepretation on Source B which is a speech given by Minister Mentor Mr Lee Kuan Yew to 1800 students at the Nanyang Technology University Students' Union 9th Ministerial Forum on 18 February 2003. ChinHong said something very hilarious. Haha. That's all about the paper.

After which, Eileen, Rach and I went to have breakfast @ Macs @ KB. Saw alot of ppl there. Basically we've already finished our food 2 hours ago but continued chatting until we lost track of time. Hmm, what did we say? Everything under the sun, I think. From Bloggers to Models to careers to studies to gaming to teachers to sisters to shopping to clothes........blah......blah. Girls' Talk =).

Thought that I could go to Parkway Parade for some spree but we went to Junction 8 instead. Sian ah. Saw HongKi!! Haha. I became a labourer and carried everything home and I spent $17 on something totally redundant. I'm getting that regretting streak. Ugh. Bad day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home