Thursday, November 08, 2007

More on Music, I guess.

Dreaming of ghosts didn't make me sleep well at all. counting the number of times I cough, clear my throat, sniff, blow my nose, bite my lips, stop the bleeding, getting emotional over redundant matters and thinking too much about what happened yesterday, and probably today.

The sensation of blogging burns and intensifies but just then, a pail of cold water jolted me to my senses, or not. It's more of a rude shock, yes, truth struck. At this point of transition, I'm in a dire need for music. Be it going for band, orchestra or piano practices. Music lets me forget the pain and cheers me up! Though listening to past recordings of previous good bands that I was with makes me feel BETTER, but well, beggars can't be choosers.

Nestor Torres and Shunzo Ohno let me think and go deeper into the purpose behind making music and enjoying it. Ok, I admit, RPWS may not just be the best group that I was with, but I take every single chance and opportunity as a learning experience. Making music is not all about having a nice balance, to be in tune, good intonation and whatever technical terms that whoever can come up with. Ya, they are the few main factors of making m.u.s.i.c. Not completely though because I personally think that M is an expression of your own thoughts, enjoying the M with the people you play with and whether the purpose behind playing M with a certain group makes you happy or not.

Every piece has their own unique expression. Be it sad, joyous, mournful, peaceful, chaotic, etc. Each note, I realised, can be used to display your emotions very well. "What you think is what you play. Who you are is what you think.", I thought. Seemingly, if you enjoy your emotions being placed into the M, you would start to appreciate those around you, creating those magical moments together. Simply said, the bond; Teamwork. Now, the most important (to me) one is the purpose behind for a certain group of people to come together. In SNCO, we come together to do Kosen-Rufu, to promote world peace. In RPWS, we have fun and try to bring that 'fun' to our schoolmates, to the community and the society. Piano is the cause for me to join bands (not mentioning those before) and to sustain that passion till now. Since I'm the only child who wants to play an instrument with treble and bass at the same time, the wisest choice would be piano right. So as I grow older, I want and I wish to have people from all over to make a wider range of M together with me, that's why. Very self-centered right.

Ok, my gastric is still suffering from the painnn and pulll. Terrible. I'd better go wash up now :p

Happy Deepavali
Happy Birthday Samm
Happy Birthday Vic

(:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home