Friday, November 23, 2007

two poems, read on.

Romeo & Juliet, the sweetest love ever.


Remember not the pathos of our plight
Or the tears of our too-youthful end.
Mourn us not, for we became a light,
Eden shining still through deathless night,
On all who first pure love would comprehend.

Judge us not, although we chose to die,
Undone by beauty such as few have known,
Love so perfect one could not reply
In words less meteoric than its own.
Each life must wend its way towards death and pain.
Though we died young, our story will remain.


I was Reminded

As we lay there quiet,
I was reminded of all the reasons why I lust you.
Your smile,
and the way it teased at me seductively.
Your laugh,
and the way it tempted me.
Your eyes,
and the way they seem to hypnotize me.

As we sat there silent,
I was reminded of all the reasons why I love you.
Your smile,
and the way it brings such life into me.
Your laugh,
and the way it makes everything okay.
Your eyes,
and the way they seem to read my thoughts.

As we stand here now,
I am reminded of all the reasons why I hate you.
Your smile,
and the way it confuses me.
Your laugh,
and the way it seems to mock me.
Your eyes,
and the way they can look into mine and not feel a thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home