Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I've decided to quit my job... as a shopaholic.

Shopping is a disease, worse than any kinds of addiction.
I want to stay true and pragmatically to myself.
I shall not succumb to these desires.

So sorry to Denise! This morning, I was the enthusiastic one who encouraged her to open a F21 spree and now I'm backing out. It was just like any other day that I come online and see nice things on shopping sites and convinced myself that it is an obligation for me to get those frivolous goods. Materials are good to have, once in a blue moon or when the need arises [as in literally need, not cravings]. I am starting to feel guilt spending hard-earned money irresponsibly and will begin to use these money or if there are any extras, to good causes. Donations? Charities? Helping out the people around me?

Why so serious? you may ask.
You're still young, live life and make merry! you should say.

But I want to lead a life with meaning and no regrets. If I am considerably fortunate, I want to help those who aren't. I don't care what others may say. I will stay true to myself. This part of me is so precious and important.

Hopefully these steps will make me less shallow and blossom into a kindred spirit (:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home