Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Community

When they say the "angmohs" are friendlier, more courteous and polite compared to Asians, they are very right. As a born and semi-bred Singaporean, I'm sometimes still ashamed by the face that when my mood is sour, I heck my surroundings and stay aloof. Contrary to popular belief, it is actually not very classy at all. Since I have more "angmoh" neighbours than locals, my lifestyle has taken a new turn. Where else (except for in the western countries) can you find neighbours or even random strangers in the neighbourhood chatting up on you, like they have known you forever? And that you can cuddle with their dogs or pups in the fondest way ever! Especially in the mornings and evenings. I am so sucked up to this kind of lifestyle . So in the meantime I will pick up some virtues from them: like friendliness, frankness and warmth.

I'm counting my blessings.
xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home