Sunday, May 24, 2009

Procrastination for good? Or bad?

Night At The Museum 2 blew my mind away! It's really great, everyone should watch it.

Well aye... Just had an emotional flash-forward. My course of study sure gets me lots of opportunities that some others may not get in a lifetime. Like getting an attachment with a Government organization or the latest thing most of us are working damn hard for - Asian Youth Games 09.

I know a gazillion nuts about sports per se. But somehow or rather I got chosen to be one of the few on site (co-) journalists for the swimming segment. It was wowing to find out. For both hard work & glamour. Trust me when I say it's hard work. On site means I'll have to sit there with my partner, observe the athletes, pre-research on them, watch them swim from one end to the other and "tada!" - upload sports article in 30 minutes time (or maybe slightly longer, not exceeding 2 hours I guess). And these go on for 6 days in a row. With lots of pre-training of course + well expected burnt weekends.

Tweaking a little* I can picture myself holding a "Media" pass streaming in & out like a... media person. Sounds like a cool pass to hold. A bit bimbotic actually. Not stereotyping, but everyone doing this has a bimbo in them. We can see/stare/talk/flirt/awe at those hot hunks and a lot of other juicy fringe benefits that can be expected.

So it leads me to think: Am I/Are we like Anne Hathaway (in Devil Wears Prada) or Isla Fisher (in Confessions of a Shopaholic)?

It is terrifying to see myself and the people around me stepping into their footsteps unknowingly.

Aha! The perfect excuse for procrastinating (working on articles)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home